Reason to Smile: Dentistry as a Consolidator Strategy
Our guest today, Andrew Schultz, Jr, Director of Business Development & Clinical Services at Midmark Animal Health, talks about how dentistry can be applied as a strategy for consolidators, the importance of client education on the necessity of dental cleaning for their pets.
During this episode, Ryan Leech and Dr. Ivan Zak discuss with Andrew how to determine the cost for optimizing dentistry in a veterinary clinic and ways to assess clinics prior to acquisition.
- How dentistry can be applied as a strategy for consolidators;
- How Andrew realized there was a lack of skills training and therefore an opportunity to provide post-graduate education around dentistry;
- Baseline and benchmark training for the entire staff, including the front office staff, as a way to study program effectiveness;
- Doubling revenue through training;
- The importance of client education on the necessity of dental cleaning for their pets;
- Andrew breaks down how to determine the cost for optimizing dentistry in a veterinary clinic;
- Andrew Schultz Jr on LinkedIn
- Midmark Animal Health
- Veterinary Dental Forum
- Dentistry Calculator
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
Recommended to you:
Episode: Simulation-Based Training