Tailwaters: Value Stream Mapping
Today, Dr. Ivan Zak and Ryan Leech discuss value streams and value stream mapping. Ivan walks us through the definition of value stream mapping, providing some examples of different ways you can add value in a clinic setting.
There are hundreds of processes that happen in a clinic every day, and it is important to know each step and have an understanding of how they all fit together.
- A look at what value stream mapping is and an example of delivering value in a clinic.
- Differentiating between systems and subsystems.
- Where arbitrage happens and where margin expansion happens.
- The importance of defining what phase completion looks like.
- Defining what stabilization means and the buffer zone it provides.
- An actionable step your organization can take right now to map out value.