Keep in Mind: Essential Consolidator Checklist
Our guest, Dr. Bob Murtaugh, is highly accomplished as a double-boarded internal medicine and critical care specialist. He is currently the Chief Professional Relations Officer at Pathway Vet Alliance, where he builds the talent pipeline for hospitals and looks for means to support research and community service.
In this episode, Bob shares more about what consolidators need to keep in mind when looking to acquire a practice and the importance of community in the industry. Veterinarians have an incredibly unique career and set of job requirements, so we discuss the value of having someone who understands the vet and the operational side of things to ease the transition.
- The importance of community and culture and why consolidators should be aware of these aspects;
- Veterinarians drive the business, so it’s important to choose the right people;
- Insights into how consolidators starting out can look to scale their operations;
- How Pathway has dealt with consolidating during the pandemic;
- The key people who help make integration as smooth as possible;
- A look at Pathway’s Veterinary Incentive Program and what it offers associates.
- Veterinarian’s performance measuring tactics;
- Some of the benefits of being part of a larger organization;
- The importance of support rather than control for consolidators.