Good Vibes Only: Positive Psychology for Vets
Dr. Olivia Oginska, a veterinarian and human psychologist joins the show. She has recently extended her healthcare practices into the field of positive psychology for humans instead of animals. Olivia started Vet Gone Mental, where she is able to share her learnings around positive psychology and help others along the same illuminating path she has been walking.
In our conversation, we get into some of the important areas of her study, talking about how change occurs in organizations, the importance of leadership and communication, and exactly what entering into a flow-state does for a person.
- The science of positive psychology; a focus on personal strengths and applicable solutions;
- Olivia’s path from work in the veterinary world into an interest in positive psychology;
- The areas of the internal world that generally need more attention from veterinarians;
- Flow-states, levels of resilience, and the role of leaders in introducing change;
- Psychological safety and capital and the components of hope, optimism, efficacy, and resilience;
- The importance of organizational communication and the dangers of silence and fear.